Aleenes Fabric Stiffener & Draping Liquid 236ml
Notify me when back in stock
For shaping and stiffening most fabrics including denim burlap lace gauze and fabrics for home decor. Ideal for stiffening crochet doilies bows and appliques laces ribbons and trims for decorations: and creating baskets lampshades and placemats.
How to use Aleene's Fabric Stiffener and Draping Liquid
1. Wear gloves to keep hands clean.
2. Use a bowl or bag large enough for your fabric.
3. Pour enough liquid into the bowl to cover fabric.
4. Work liquid into fabric until saturated.
5. Holding fabric over bowl, squeeze out excess liquid.
6. To make a shape, choose a form over which you can drape your saturated fabric. Balloons, bowls, cups, and balls work well. Cover form with protective wrap.
7. While shaping over the form, continue removing excess stiffener.
8. As fabric dries, gently loosen from form.
9. Use a damp cloth for cleanup.
10. While considered permanent, humidity may affect dry time and stiffness
11. Always test for best results.
Tips & Techniques
1.You can tint the stiffener by mixing in a water-based acrylic paint until the desired color is achieved.
2. To thin the stiffener, add up to 50 percent water depending on the type of fabric and stiffness required.
3. Use on ribbons, trims, cheesecloth, doilies, lace, burlap, gauze or any weight fabric.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Scrap Dragon Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.